Chub Cay Divers
Miles of secluded swim-ashore beaches, invigorating dive sites, and championship sport fishing are just a few of the highlights that make The Berry Islands a desired destination. Composed of a cluster of 30 cays, a majority of these islands are uninhabited. It’s not uncommon to stumble across a footprint-free beach or private cove. You could spend an entire day without seeing a single soul. The Berry Islands are also home to a number of cavern, reef, wall and wreck dive sites, as well as a 600-foot-wide blue hole, wonderful billfishing, and ancient churches.
The Berry Islands are made up of a land mass that totals just over twelve square miles. Many of the 30 cays that comprise the islands are great for snorkeling, hiking, diving and beachcombing. Great Stirrup features a now-abandoned lighthouse built in 1863 during the reign of Prince William IV. Little Stirrup Cay is a private island that’s used by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines as a one-day stopover. Chub Cay is known as The Billfish Capital of The Bahamas, as it borders the Tongue of The Ocean and attracts countless numbers of baitfish. And then there’s Great Harbour Cay. It boasts seven continuous miles of magnificent beaches and one of the best protected harbors in The Bahamas. It once was a major golf resort for the rich and famous. In fact, there are more millionaires per square inch on The Berry Islands than most places on earth.
Chub Cay has miles of untouched, magnificent beaches. and offers full resort amenities, including beachfront cabanas and villa accommodations, a full-service marina, restaurant and bars, and a ship store.
About Chub Cay
A Little History: Chub Cay Club
The history of Chub Cay is without equal in the island paradise of The Bahamas. Legendary throughout the world for sport fishing and diving, Chub Cay also has miles of sandy beaches and a protected harbor. As a private island, Chub Cay has been the exclusive retreat for a very select membership. Building on this unique heritage, Chub Cay treasures and protects this legacy of natural beauty, tradition, and world-class recreation.
More than just a fisherman’s paradise.
Here are some of the many amenities and activities that can be found here at Chub Cay:
• Brand new Chub Cay Clubhouse with full service hotel, restaurant, indoor and outdoor bars and an infinity pool overlooking our amazing Sunset Beach.
• Private Chub Cay Cabana rentals on the beach and Villa rentals with larger accommodations that can fit up to 10 guests with full kitchens, living rooms with satellite tv, high-speed internet, bedrooms and bathrooms.
• The state-of-the-art Bellingham concrete floating docks and newly renovated 109 slip Chub Cay Club Marina can accommodate up to 190′ yachts with upgraded power units and 30/50/100 amp power available plus water, fuel, ice and high- speed internet.
• Chub Cay Ship Store stocked with a selection of food items, beverages, medications, beach / swimming needs and souvenirs.
• Absolute perfect location next to the famed «Pocket» of the ocean for sports and recreational fisherman to catch an endless variety of Dolphin, Wahoo, Marlin, Tuna, Grouper and Sailfish as well as Bonefishing in the flats and shallows.
• High-speed internet and phone service (with calling to the U.S., Canada and Mexico plus others) available throughout our property so that our guests can stay connected to family, friends and business matters.
The Chub Cay Crew
PADI Dive Master
PADI Dive Master
Red Cross Paramedic
Padi five star dive resort
Day trips Guide
Aluminum & Steel Tanks
Yoke and DIN valves
Scuba Pro certified service center
VIP Tank inspections
This thousand-acre island retreat in the Berry Islands of The Bahamas is private and retains all of the natural qualities that have made Chub Cay special: world-class fishing, spectacular diving, over 600 acres of nature reserve, and miles of beaches. The Chub Cay airport (with 5000′ paved runway) and state-of-the-art marina are Bahamas Ports of Entry with on-site Customs and Immigration. Just 45 minutes from South Florida by plane, Chub Cay can be your gateway to the islands or a destination in itself!
Whether you arrive by boat or by plane, the approach to Chub Cay provides a remarkable view. From the sky, you can see the Villas at Chub Cay Resort in tropical colors dotting the beautiful white beaches and lush green landscaping. The approach by sea leads to our state-of-the-art marina surrounded by turquoise waters and watched over by the breathtaking 18-ft. tall leaping marlin statue «Chub Cay Blue».
Customs and Immigration are open daily, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Getting to Chub Cay has never been easier! With scheduled daily flights through Makers Air, and private charter/freight options via Aztec Airways and Island Air Charters, your next trip to Chub Cay is only a hop, skip and a jump away.
Makers Air now services Chub Cay daily, direct from Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. If you don’t see a specific flight on their website, please call their reservation office at (954)771-0330.
Aztec Airways provides direct flights to Chub Cay from Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, without the hassle of connections or layovers. Avoid those early wake-up calls and lengthy TSA lines when flying Aztec Airways. The Aztec Airways fleet are equipped with leather seats and ample leg room, perfect for taking in that beautiful Bahamian scenery below.
Visit the website www.aztecairways.com or call Jane in the charter department to learn more at 954-351-9313
Island Air Charters is based out of Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport and flies throughout the Bahamas. There are plans to extend services originating out of Opa Locka. To make a reservation please call: 954-359-9942 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org